Introducing Bay Tree Originals
Makeovers for your Furniture, Home & Garden
If you have been inspired by Kirstie Allsop’s ‘Homemade Homes’ shown recently on Channel 4, but lack the time, skills or confidence to create or make over beautiful objects for your home and garden then leave it to us!
Here at Bay Tree Originals we specialise in the refurbishment and make over of antiques, everyday furniture and accessories. We have gone beyond “shabby chic” and developed our very own style of “thrifty chic”. Just as stylish, but easier on the pennies, this is a much greener and environment friendly solution.
Style on a Shoestring
The current economic climate has forced a lot of people to think carefully about splashing out on new furniture, fabrics and accessories for their homes. Instead, the more astute home lover has become the ultimate re-cycler and is updating and transforming what they already have through the imaginative use of fabrics and paint finishes.
There is no longer any stigma attached to “second-hand” furniture and accessories. Older furniture is often made from quality woods such as mahogany, beech and oak and designed to last unlike today’s mass produced items. So don’t take it to the tip because its “old fashioned”. Update and transform it instead!
See examples of our work on our clients testimonials page.
Money Saving Makeover Ideas
- Re-upholster Grandma’s old armchair in a funky designer fabric and give it a new lease of life.
- Paint those dated orange pine pieces and transform them into today’s contemporary furniture.
- Give your tired and dilapidated garden furniture a complete makeover. All sorts of fabulous colours and finishes designed especially for garden furniture are now available.
- Renovate any antique pieces you have picked up at auction or that have been in the family for years. Careful cleaning, with traditional products and old fashioned elbow grease will have that shabby mahogany chest of drawers looking wonderful once more.
- Add stylish accessories to your home at very little cost. Use remnants of designer fabrics and trimmings to make charming cushions and co-ordinating throws. Vintage bed linens make wonderful curtains & blinds. Second-hand mirrors, china and retro style kitchenalia make more original and unique displays than high street mass produced goods.
We take commissions mostly from our local area of Lincolnshire, Rutland, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire and our projects range from just small pieces of antique furniture restoration to complete room makeovers.
Bay Tree Originals are based in Little Bytham, close to Stamford in Lincolnshire and most of our work is undertaken from our own workshop at the rear of our home.